Menzies continue to grow in Mexico with Vivaaerobus.com

22/06/11

e-Bulletin from John Redmond - SVP Americas


On 1st June 2011 we opened our 28th Station in Mexico, in the north-western City of Culiacan (CUL), where we now provide services to VivaAerobus.com, a fast growing and highly successful Mexican Low Cost Carrier.

Culiacan is the 15th City in Mexico where we provide services to VivaAerobus, and on Monday 13th June we also commenced handling VivaAerobus in Tijuana, taking us to 16 joint cities with VivaAerobus in Mexico.

VivaAerobus.com started flying in 2006, and today operate a fleet of 15 Boeing 737-300 aircraft from their base in Monterrey to a network of 27 destinations within Mexico and more recently the USA.  VivaAerobus.com is privately owned with 51% being held by a Mexican logistics company IAMSA, and the remaining 49% being held by an investment company controlled by members of the Ryan family, who were the original founders of Ryanair. 

VivaAerobus.com have a number of aircraft on order, and expect to double their fleet size within the next two years, and on the back of that planned growth, and our existing partnership across Mexico, we expect to open at a number of additional cities in Mexico in the coming months, and increase our Mexican network to well over 30 airports.